Surround sound cabling vga or ethernet?

 I have a Technics SA-TX30 which only has analog input (RCA Cables), instead of routing a whole bunch of RCA cables all around my living room, I'm looking to minimize the cable clutter.

I'm looking at either using an ethernet cable or VGA cable (twisted pairs and shielding), 7.1 audio has 8 channels. That would a ground wire per 2 channels, so in total 12 wires, that is if I can't combine the ground on all of the channels so I can use one ground wire and 8 channel wires.

Ethernet RJ45 connector has 8 pins, Telephone RJ11 has 4 pins, and VGA has 15 pins. So VGA would suffice for 7.1 and the extra ground wires, RJ45 would be missing 1 wire if I was to combine the ground wires (perhaps I can even send the signal without a ground wire, create a grounding on the devices), RJ45 and a RJ11 connector could suffice even with the extra ground wires.

The least space would be occupied with an RJ45 connector, so I'm gonna test that out first. 

I'm gonna be making a small box type connector, connects to all ports on the back of the motherboard and has a rj45 connector same on the amp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DualShock 4 Button Prompts for Need for Speed 2016

Dualshock 4 Button Prompts for Need for Speed Heat

Dualshock 4 Button Prompts for The Saboteur